2. Run SBT session for student | Skill-based treatment tutorial
Now that we have created a student, we can start running skill-based treatment sessions with the student.
- Navigate to the SBT SESSION view for Mikey Turtle. (Students > Mikey Turtle > SBT > SESSION)
- In the SBT SESSION view, press the START SESSION button to start a
skill-based treatment session for Mikey Turtle. This will display the SR
view and the plan for the next EO trial. In the SR state view, set the
HRE most of SR period? switch to Yes to signify that the student was
happy, relaxed, and engage during a majority of the SR period. Set
No preemptive prompt probe to No so we will only run sFCR EO
trials for now. Then press the START EO button to start the first EO trial.
- In the EO state view, press the SFCR button to signify that the
student independently completed the sFCR. Then, press the
SAVE AND CONTINUE button to save the results of the EO trial and advance
to the SR state.
- Repeat steps 2-3 2 more times to complete 2 more EO trials. Once back in the SR stage, you may notice that the student's success with the sFCR target has automatically advanced the student to the cFCR target. The previous data suggests it is time for us to focus on more complex functional communication requests with the student.
- Press the END SESSION button to end the session.